Where does the camp take place?
Drake University’s Turner Jazz Center is located a 1min walk west of
Parking is free on 25th street.
What time do I need to arrive?
Please arrive between 9:45-10am. The Camp begins at 10.
How do I pay for the camp?
2) check made out to Will Baker or Casey Maday
3) credit card. If you would like to pay by credit card, please email theDMLBT@gmail.com and you will be sent an invoice with payment links.
What should I bring?
1) Your instrument and a willingness to learn.
2) A notebook and a pencil/pen. If you don’t have one, buy one….this is now your practice journal.
3) Any music you are currently working on that you would like to improve.
4) A lunch and any snacks you might like. This will be a long day of high intensity music making! There will be breaks throughout the day for snacking. Please avoid bringing tree nuts.
5) Questions for the faculty trio.
Do I need to bring a lunch?
YES! Please avoid bringing any tree nuts.
What time should I get picked up after the camp?
Please have your parents arrive between 4:45 and 5pm.
What time should I arrive at the Civic Center?
Please arrive at 6:20pm in the East Lobby. We will start performing at 6:35. The performance will end by 7:00 so that the students have time to get to their seats.
What should I wear to the concert?
Please wear a white dress shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes. Look sharp! You are performing!
The student concert at 6:35pm in the Civic Center lobby is FREE to the public (you do not need a ticket to enter). Parents are encouraged to attend and bring friends!
All students will receive a complementary ticket to the symphony concert provided by the DMSO.
Parents that wish to accompany their student to the symphony concert can purchase tickets on Saturday at the box office. Simply present your student’s comp ticket to the box office and you will be seated together.
Thank You for signing up for DMLBD!